Studies have shown that nearly 85% of adult cats and dogs have some form of periodontal disease.
Left unattended, it can lead to serious health problems, including heart, kidney, liver and lung disease.
Common signs on periodontal disease are:
- Persistent bad breath
- Sensitivity around mouth
- Pawing at mouth
- Loss of appetite
- Plaque (may not be obvious)
- Bleeding, inflamed or receding gums
- Tarter (brown, hard material)
- Loose, missing or infected teeth
Dental services GAH offers:
- Routine cleaning and polishing
- Sealant application
- Routine and complicated extractions
- Advanced dental restoration, including vital pulp capping for fractured teeth
- Dental surgery for trauma or cancer
- Dental x-rays
- Comprehensive home care
Visit our dental day page for an example of what your pet will experience on “Dentistry Day”.